Wednesday, March 4, 2009

To be or not to be. . .a Massage Therapist

Through the years, I have had a compelling urge to become a massage therapist. It is a field of study that has greatly interested me and in doing this, I would be providing an escape. The schooling required to become a Massage Therapist is approximately 3 months of diligent work and then a required amount of practice hours (unpaid). The main reasons I have chosen to pursue this profession are
1. The schooling is short (therefore costing less to earn more)
2. I enjoy doing it
3. I will be able to do my own scheduling
4. I will be helping others and making a lot of money at the same time

In order to achieve and become a Massage Therapist I need to complete a number of courses in school. I need to graduate and be diligent in learning all I can. After graduating High School I have the choice of going to college or studying at small schooling areas. I need to pick a state in which to learn the skills necessary, due to the fact that each state has many different laws dealing with the different branches of therapy. Practice hours also need to be finished and I need to enjoy doing it.

Example: In the state of California, in order to buy Biofreeze, one needs to have a degree or a license in a specific area.

5 comments:

  1. I think that this whole entire things is really good. I hope you can achieve your dreams and goals The Pink Blink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your writing was very good, but I may have a suggestion. Your first sentence has a comma after "years" I'm not sure, but it may not be needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! my only suggestion is to not end it so abruptly :)

    ReplyDelete